Collagen Stimulation Therapy (CST) is generally known as a Treatment as opposed to a Facial. It is advised for the client to be using Environ products for three months or more prior to this treatment to acclimatise the skin to Vitamin A. This will prevent the skin from having a retinoid reaction which can cause sensitivity and leave skin very dry and flaky.
This treatment is extremely effective for focusing on the visible signs of ageing, acne scarring, slackened skin, uneven skin tone and dilated blood vessels. It actually works by encouraging the natural powers of healing!
The treatment uses a roller with needles which are 0.3 mm diameter and are made of surgical stainless steel.
Here are some of the benefits of CST:
- It restores skin’s tightness in the early signs of ageing making it an alternative to those clients who maybe considering a face-lift. You can see great results on the skin above the eyes as the elevation of eyebrows is through a natural result of healing.
- It is an alternative to laser if the skin is too thin.
- For acne scarring the results are much more effective to dermabrasion.
- Fine lines are an excellent indication for CST. They become visibly less apparent.
- Scarring is improved and if the scars are discoloured they could also return to a more natural colour.
Having just one treatment may not make any dramatic changes so generally a course of six treatments is recommended. You can continue the needling until you get the results that you really want.
If you would like to learn a little more regarding this treatment and to ascertain whether it would be right for you please do not hesitate to call me on 0207 821 1020 or arrange for a full consultation to discuss any concerns you may have.
– Gillian, Facialist & Skin Expert at Moreton Place Beauty & Wellbeing